about j & b
J & B’s is a family run establishment that was originally created in 1946 when a school house was relocated to the corner of M-32 and Meridian Line in Vienna Corners. The school house was conjoined with a service garage and then turned into a restaurant and bar. Judy and Bill Pappas are the fifth owners of this establishment since 1946. They relocated to northern Michigan in 1997, purchased the restaurant and bar, and renamed it J & B’s Bar ‘N Grill. Today, J & B’s is known for its log cabin elegance, delicious fresh food, and welcoming Northern Michigan atmosphere.
Judy and Bill Pappas grew up in southeast Michigan. They have one son, two daughters, and eight grandchildren. Judy and Bill were humbled by the welcome they received in Northern Michigan, where Judy’s parents and grandparents resided for many years. They enjoy supporting the local community in many ways. They annually raise money for the Johannesburg-Lewiston School district’s athletic department. They also enjoy serving local artists and groups, such as The Young Americans, the Lewiston Lions and the Shriners.